Wednesday 1 April 2015

The race to #AT2UI tickets

Hello everybody,
I hope you're having a great day! I had a crazy day today. As many of you may know, Lilly Singh aka Superwoman is going on a world tour (A Trip to Unicorn Island) AND she is coming to the city where I live! I love Lilly and I've been super excited  from the moment she announced the tour. Today the tickets were to go on sale at 1:45 pm. So me and my friend (who is as big a fan of Lilly as me) decided to buy the tickets as soon they opened if the cost was around 1000 rupees. However, we had presumed that the show would end at some earthly hour so that we could reach home before late.


Today morning the minute I reached work I checked the tour site just to see how many hours were left, and to my surprise, it said the tickets were open! Immediately I checked out the details and saw that almost all seats were still available. I tried calling my friend (who's interning at another company) but wasn't able to reach her. I kept tracking the seats and they were quite a lot of seats empty. However, the show was to start at 8 pm and the place is at least 2 hours away from where we live. I was a little concerned about this but my parents agreed to pick us up after the show. My friend's parents were a little concerned about the time and she took a while trying to convince them. I checked the tickets at 1 pm and there were about 20 seats left in 3 categories. I had a meeting at 2:30 pm and had to finish lunch and be back by then. So while my friend was convincing her mom, I went to have lunch (at around 1:30). At 2 pm my friend called me and told that her mom agreed and she was trying to book the ticket but the tickets were sold out! I had completely missed the fact that a lot of people would visit the site at 1:45 pm (the announced time for the tickets to go on sale). I rushed back to see the same message. We kept refreshing and retrying and once in 10 minutes or so a few seat would appear. We tried booking them but both of us had problems with the transaction. Finally I gave up at 2:29 as I had my meeting then. My friend kept trying with no luck. After my meeting, I tried again. The transaction was almost complete when there was a problem and my card got blocked!
After another half hour of cribbing I asked a senior friend in office and she agreed to pay for it with her card. She had some work to finish and finally when she came and I tried to buy a ticket, it displayed an official SOLD OUT message!!! Not a single ticket was available in ANY category.
That ended my race to buy a ticket for A Trip to Unicorn Island. An hour of blaring music, a movie and a blog post later I think I'm finally at the stage of being okay about it. I wasted an entire day at work, got my card blocked and ended up without tickets to the show. But, its ok... I've learnt from my mistakes. I should have bought the ticket in the morning when I had the chance. Waiting it out isn't the solution to every problem. Any #TeamSuper fans reading this post? Do let me know in the comments.
Until next time,
Bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment